On Tuesday, I made a status update about my life. That update and the comments that followed pretty much say it all…
Okay, so quick and simple, I’ve been busy. So sorry! Probably shouldn’t have started a blog and then gone on vacation. 🙂 We have also had lots of three-year-old issues here, especially concerning experiments with pee. Gotta love boys.
Just wanted to say I am back.
Filed under: Activities, Being a stay-at-home mom, Cleaning, Trials and Tribulations | Tags: accomplishments, daily life, ta-da list
Earlier this year, I read about a ta-da list. Rather than writing up a to-do list and feeling like nothing gets accomplished during the day, you write up a ta-da list as you get things done. You can find my first list here. It is interesting for me to see the first list because I think I got more done that day. Of course, at that point little Z wasn’t born yet – I think that makes a huge difference. Anyway, here is a snapshot of my day…
- Got up – major accomplishment!
- Got kids breakfast
- Got self dressed and ready for the gym
- Got three kids dressed and ready for the gym
- Helped older two brush teeth
- Made lunches for B&E for after gymnastics
- Packed snacks for everyone
- Make up water bottle for me and juice cups for the twins
- Restocked diaper bag
- Washed & dried a load of towels
- Unloaded dishwasher
- Cleaned up breakfast
- Worked out at the gym – woo hoo!
- Took kids to gymnastics class
- Helped B & E eat lunch at park district building after gymnastics
- Returned baby scale to hospital
- Ate my own lunch
- Got kids down for a nap (took HOURS)
- Folded Z’s clothes
- Changed diapers
- Played with Z
- Read books to B & E
- Ate a snack
- Dropped a glass in the sink and broke it
- Cleaned up aforementioned glass
- Washed diapers
- Cooked dinner
- Served dinner
- Cleaned up dinner
- Helped get kids bathed
- Got jammies on twins
- Cleaned up mountain of books on floor in B & E’s room.
- Fed baby six times
- Broke up fights
- Stared in wonder at the disaster that is my family room – the toys have taken over the ENTIRE floor
- Wrote this blog post
- Collapsed from exhaustion
So, I did apparently get things done. I don’t know how I feel though… I still see three baskets of unfolded clothes around the house and a few dishes in the sink. Do you ever have days/weeks/lifetimes where you just don’t feel like you can keep up?
Filed under: Milestones, Mom fashion | Tags: fashion, maternity clothes, miracle, pants, pre-pregnancy clothes
I’M WEARING PRE-PREGANCY PANTS! I’M WEARING PRE-PREGANCY PANTS! I’M WEARING PRE-PREGANCY PANTS!
Is it bad that I feel the need to shout that from the rooftops? With three boys here and my husband, I don’t think any of them can truly appreciate how good it felt to button up those pre-pregnancy jeans today. Woot!!!!
The only sad part of the day was that as soon as I started coming down from the I-fit-in-my-jeans high, I realized they are now totally out of style, being that they are kind of a stonewashed, faded color. Isn’t it dark jeans that is all the rage now? I don’t even know… how sad is that.
Still… I’M WEARING PRE-PREGANCY PANTS!
Filed under: Play
Conversation between the twins and me yesterday afternoon…
E: Mommy, we’re playing with our cars.
Me: Oooh! That’s fun!
B: Yeah, they are getting married.
E: Have you ever seen two cars get married, Mommy?
Me: No, no I have not. This should be really interesting!